Who is providing this statement
This notice is provided by AllianceBernstein (Singapore) Ltd.
Collection of Personal Information
At AB, we only collect personal information where necessary for us to carry out our functions and activities as an investment manager and where required to enable us to comply with our obligations under the law.
In the normal course of business we may collect your personal information in order to: carry out and administer investments in your AB account on your behalf; maintain your account, process transactions in your account, and develop, offer and deliver products or services to you; answer queries and deal with complaints; conduct our internal business operations (including various legal and regulatory requirements); and manage your client relationships.
The personal information we may gather and hold will vary, but may include:
- Personal information such as the names, addresses or contact details of the beneficial owners or others named in account documentation, applications or other forms completed by prospective AB clients. This information is collected as part of our client onboarding procedures and in accordance with our various legal and compliance obligations.
- Generally, we will not collect sensitive information about you unless this is required to enable us to provide you with our services as required by applicable law. If we need sensitive information, we will ask for your consent when we collect this information.
- Personal information, such as your name and contact details, may be collected when you subscribe to AB publications offered online, or register for seminars.
In the case of personal information required to facilitate account openings and the delivery of AB financial services, if the information requested is not provided, or if the information you provide us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be delayed in, or prevented from, processing or accepting your application or opening your account. We may also be delayed in or prevented from providing to you any products or services, administering your investments, providing information to you or otherwise meeting our obligations to you.
AB website and information gathered through “cookies”
Similar to many websites, the AB website places an anonymous "cookie"—a small computer file—on your computer while you are using the website. These cookies allow us to collect general usage information—including understanding how many individuals visit the site, how frequently they return and what information they view most often.
These cookies do not reveal your identity to us or provide us with personally identifiable information about your use of the site. You can delete the cookie from your computer by clicking the "Log Out" button in the navigation bar when you leave the site.
Our website email employs personal "cookies" to collect personal information
Website email messages sent by AB include an encrypted file containing your contact information. If you choose to visit the site by clicking on a link in the email, the site places a personal cookie on your computer, allowing us to collect personally identifiable information about your use of the site.
We use this information to understand how our website and website email is used, including the number, frequency and duration of your visits to each page, as well as your path of navigation. This information is held in an AB database, which is accessible only to employees of AB. Information about individual user traffic is held for up to six months and is not shared with any third parties.
You can delete the cookie from your computer by clicking the "Log Out" button in the navigation bar when you leave the site.
Holding and Protection of Information
We have strict policies and procedures to safeguard the personal information collected about our clients (or former clients), which include: (1) restricting access; and (2) maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the appropriate standards for protecting such information.
How is personal information used?
The personal information that AB collects may be used to:
- Provide you with our products and services or with other information that you request from time to time;
- Notify you about other AB services or products;
- Manage our relationship with you;
- Help us manage and develop our products and services;
- Undertake planning and statistical analysis;
- Recruit employees and contractors; and
- Fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations.
Disclosure of information to others
To be able to serve our clients and to provide financial products efficiently and accurately, it is sometimes necessary to share your information with other parties.
In connection with our provision of products and services, we may share your personal information with staff within the global AB group of companies who operate in locations all around the globe.
We also utilize the services of third-party companies that perform administrative services (such as IT services; unit registry or custodial services; back-office functions; etc.) for AB or on our behalf in various countries. We may share your personal information with these external parties. These companies are required to use this information only for the services for which we hired them, and are not permitted to use or share this information for any other purpose.
Personal information may also be shared with professional advisors such as auditors, accountants, lawyers, insurance companies or others consistent with standard practices and legal obligations.
We may disclose your personal information:
- internally to our staff;
- to our related corporate bodies;
- to any person where necessary in connection with the provision of our products or services;
- to our professional advisors such as auditors, accountants and lawyers, insurance companies and property managers, consistent with normal business practices;
- to third parties we may engage from time to time to assist us in the promotion of our products and services, and who may receive limited personal information for that purpose;
- to external service providers (on a confidential basis) so they can provide us with services related to our business, such as mailing services, IT services, unit registry and custodial services, and archival services; and
- to entities to whom we are required or authorized by applicable law to disclose your personal information, such as government and regulatory bodies.
AB and its related entities may use your personal information for the purpose of directly marketing our products or services to you. You may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information for direct marketing at any time by contacting us.
If you have questions about any personal information that may have been collected about you, OR would like to request your personal information, you can contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details listed below.
Generally, we will provide you with the information we have collected about you, unless there are circumstances that preclude us from doing so (for example, if providing the information may prejudice an enforcement-related activity that is under way by a relevant body). In the event that we are unable to provide you with the requested information, we will provide you with a reason for our decision.
AllianceBernstein (Singapore) Ltd.
One Raffles Quay
#27-11, South Tower
Phone: +65 6230 4600
Fax: +65 6535 6008
Changing Your Personal Information
If you wish to update personal information that you believe may be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you may write to our Privacy Office to request that the information be updated or deleted.
Access to Your personal information
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold. Your access rights are subject to some exceptions allowed by applicable law. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law, and may charge an administrative fee for granting such access. If we deny your access request, we will provide you with the reasons for doing so.